Sep 16, 2009

If

I got a piano here, and If I knew how, I know what I'd play for you, and if this was my day, I know exactly what I'd say to you. If I had love for you I'd try my best to spread it, rather than try to edit. I'd take your generous serving and give it to someone more deserving. If I had some tape, I'd patch that gape that's torn in your heart. If I had a smile, I'd run a mile, just to get it to you. If I had one last kiss, I'd save it so there'd be nothing that you miss. If I loved you and you loved me back, not a thing would we lack.
I've got a piece of paper here, and If I had the words that were good and fine--I'd make you mine.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should write greeting cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does rather sound like a greeting card doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete